My father is an idiot, what do I do?

Mothers day just came and passed. I didn't call my step mother because I SEE her every day. I however left a beautiful grandmother to be gift and a card and wished her a happy mothers day the next day when I had seen her. My father came up to me (take note, I am 38 wks preg) & asked real arrogantly, why didn't you call yesterday? I simply answered with, I really don't have an excuse, I just didn't. I also replied with, I didn't really receive a phone call either, not a big deal. He then goes, & why would we of called you? What your a mother now?! and simply rolled his eyes & walked away. I was so hurt by his comment that I cried for at least half an hour. I know I'm not a mother, yet, I will be in 2 wks! They call themselves grandma and grandpa to my little one so how was he aloud to make that comment about me NOT being a mother? What would you do?

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 9:34 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would inform him you are a mother. You have a living, breathing child inside you and no the baby may not be on this earth breathing alone just yet but you are a mother and its a two way street. She is your STEP mother so why would you have to call her if you see her daily. Did you call your real mother? I would make it known that you don't owe her a call as she is not your real mother but you respect her and love her as though she gave birth to you. Tell him he really hurt your feelings and that if your not a mother then he is not a grandfather either so don't call himself one until the baby is born. You are a mother and HAPPY LATE MOTHERS DAY TO YOU :-)
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:38 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Was your stepmom upset? It sounds like you have a good relationship with her and if she understands then I wouldn't worry about it. Men can be insensitive jerks without even realizing it. I would just ignore it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:39 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Sweetie, you ARE a Mom. Don't let other people's insensitivity try to convince you otherwise. I'm so sorry this happened. Happy late Mother's Day!
    TashaLee

Answer by TashaLee at 10:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• First you cannot do anything about your father practicing unintelligent behavior (stupid).
    Focus on you and your babys health and wellbeing.
    SweetGems

Answer by SweetGems at 1:39 PM on May. 13, 2009