Why does he feel the need to give a kiss?

WHere i work, there is this guy that comes in every now and then. He is really very nice and likes to pick at the secreteries, but he also likes to give pecks on the cheek. Like after he has been aggrevating us he will do it and say that he still loves us. And usually, they are kind of wet like. Anyways, today, he seemed to get rather close to the mouth. He is not dirty or anything like that . It is just you know he is not my husband and that is wierd, and it is grose in the way that it is someone elses spit on my face and near my mouth. Plus, you dont ever know for sure if someone is sick or anything. Anyways what are ways i could avoid this situation when he comes in. Should i get on the phone or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG....Eeew! That is gross. I would avoid him. Or tell him "no kisses please".
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:46 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Just be honest with him and tell him you feel like its in appropriate for him to do that because your married and you weren't raised that way. Is he from america or a different country? Some countries that is just how you say hello. I think after a while every time your on the phone that would be kind of weird and he may feel your avoiding him. The best way for his may be to just tell him.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• That's wierd and it seems inappropriate for the work place. Don't let him kiss you. He has no business doing that. I wouldn't feel comfortable having someone else kissing me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I second the last answer. Honesty is always the best policy! If he appears embarassed or something, then just throw in that your husband wouldn't be thrilled w/ another man kissing you - he's protective that way. It just spares feelings a little!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Totally inappropiate office behavior if you ask me. I am not some uptight woman who screams sexual harassment at the drop of a hat. I work for a contractor and my office is just outside the warehouse full of randy, foul mouthed young guys, but kissing is crossing the line. I would be straight up with him and tell him that is a no no.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:14 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I was going to ask the same Q as the pp. Is he from another country? Its acceptable in other countries. Here though, I would avoid this simply for the fact that you have NO idea where his lips have been and though I am not a germaphobe, I just dont want to share spit with anyone other than my hubby or kids. Our germs are related...LOL....Then if its feeling weird or uncomfortable to you, then its inappropriate. I would just see if I could avoid it first. Then if he tries it, I would just tell him you have a cold or something...LOL...Of course you could just come right out and say it makes you uncomfortable.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• NO, he is not from another country. He is plain old american
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I personally avoid any kind of confrontation or embarrassment even if it would embarass the other person.

I would either step out of the room when it looked like he was ready to leave or get on the phone or maybe even take a step back when he starts moving in for the kiss. I would also maybe stay behind my desk if I could (or does he walk around the desk?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 10:31 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Tell him you have a cold. I would never let a man who is not my husband kiss me. Unless it is my father, brother or close relative. You could also tell him it is not permitted by your religious beliefs. You'd be surprised how much nonsense you can avoid by saying that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 13, 2009

• When he starts picking on you and the other ladies, just tell him,"Look - I know you're just messin' with us so you can kiss us when you're through. I'm on to you and that's not gonna fly." Make it all jokey and light and then when he goes to kiss you sometime, just put your hand up by your cheek and say "No. I told you about that stuff" still friendly but firm. I worked with a bunch of men and you have to be kind of silly but like you're on to them.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 10:36 AM on May. 13, 2009