home remides for stained clothes

I was just wanting to know if there was any home remadies for stained kids clothes? I lost a whole bottle of stain spray I cannot find it anywhere and I can't get to the store until tomorrow, but my kids clothes need washed today. Are there anything I can like mix from home or whatever that will get out stains? They are like stains from a 4 year old and a 16 month old so like food stains and dirt and grass stains. Thank you so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I always add vinegar and baking soda to my wash.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• ok will it get ride of the stains? If they are stained do I add it also to my clothes or just wash?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Have you tried sunning them? The sun is a natural "bleacher". Seriously :-)
    CALsMama

Answer by CALsMama at 9:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• powder dish detergent and some borax powder, mix into a paste and let it set on the stain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I add it too my water and let them soak for a few hours. Gets most of the stains out. I don't see why you couldn't brush it lightly in the stains. I have a 3 yo and it works.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:56 PM on May. 13, 2009