How does a dad not care about leaving a 14 yr old home alone?

My bf has a 14 yr old and we are going to camp and she said she rather stay home who knows what is going to go on here.

Emilyrose200809

Asked by Emilyrose200809 at 9:53 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, it just depends on how trustworthy this child is. My dd is 14 and doesnt go everywhere with us. She sometimes stays home to finish homework or even baby sit our younger child while we attend ball games with the other kids. I would not leave her overnight though. She might not only be scared but shes probably capable of having people here that I don't approve of. I know that, so I dont give her the opportunity to do that. If your going to be gone overnight, then I would suggest he either make her go or allow her to be at a friends home. Fourteen is fine for a day but not overnight..Thats my opinion. Also this is the time that kids get into trouble. She might be a very trustworthy kid,but she still needs some supervision. If she was 17, then I would say shes fine.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:58 AM on May. 13, 2009

• she is to young to leave alone, Kids this age throw parties and have sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 13, 2009

• when i was 14 my parents went to concerts not over night but they would get home late and they asked a neighbore to keep an eye on the house so he would tell her she had a friend that looked like this come by at this time and she left at this time ( my mom forgot to tell him my best friend was gonna be around lol ) but they wanted to make sure no partys or boys as my mom said i dont want to be on oprah. so maybe ask a neighbore to watch the house or ask a friends mom. i know if i had the oppertunity i wouldve invited males to the house ( im being honest ) we were all 14 once and i was a good kid but how cool it was to have the house to myself and no adults.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:06 AM on May. 13, 2009

• How does a dad not care about leaving a 14 yr old home alone?

He is your boyfriend ...why don't you ask him!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Why don't you ask your boyfriend why he thinks it is ok for a 14 yr old to stay home while he is camping? He is the only one that can answer that question. To leave her for a couple hours while you go to dinner or out for a night on the town, is one thing. But leaving her overnight or for a weekend is a different thing. NO 14 yr old should be left alone for a weekend.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 PM on May. 13, 2009

• She is 14 years old. If she wants to stay home there is nothing wrong with that. If it's over ngiht have a family friend check in. Your overreacting
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 1:05 PM on May. 13, 2009

• well if it was for a few hours i dont see a problem with that. but overnight heck no. my mom didnt even trust me to stay alone in our house overnight when i was 18. she had a friend come stay with me, lol granted i still snuck out of the house to be with a guy so it didnt really stop me from doing anything. i say if a kid wants something they are gonna do it no matter what.
    Anonymous

• when I was 14 I stayed home all the time...doesnt mean shes gonna throw a party and have sex! One night really isnt a big deal shes old enough to stay home alone (in my opinion)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I also agree about having someone "pop" in
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• when I was 14 I hated the fact that my mom was seeing her ex husband and I refused to visit him along with her, on weekends....so she left me alone....did I party, nope not one minute! what did I do? I enjoyed having the house to myself!!!!!
    Have someone pop in and give her a chance too prove herself...14 is not too young at all unless it is a bad neighborhood
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:23 AM on May. 14, 2009