early labor

i was just wondering if anyone has been in early labor and got sent home from the hospital.. if so what did you do while waiting for labor to fully kick in? and did you continue doctors visits or just waited for labor?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 9:58 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went into early labor but they gave me a shot then sent me home. i wasnt suposed to go into labor yet im only 31 wks. but congrats and yay your lil one will be here soon!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:02 AM on May. 13, 2009

• i was sent home in early labor too. i went home made sure i had the baby's room ready and all my dishes and laundry washed. I made sure I was prepared..all the while contractions were still coming but this time they started getting more intense. if you are in early labor then I don't think youwill be seeing your doctor at another visit. you will probably be in the hospital tonight having your baby. I kept myself busy always walking around, down the block in the neighborhood, things like that. They sent me home at around 9am and my water broke at 4pm.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:02 AM on May. 13, 2009

• so i should NOT relax.. I should keep it moving to make the contractions come harder right.. will i dialate though?
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 10:09 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes you will if you keep moving around I am going through the whole early labor thing right now they have me on bed rest and pills to stop contractions it sucks but he comes when he comes right lol Good luck
    Moe727

Answer by Moe727 at 12:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• oh ok.. well good luck to you too im about ready though. 38 weeks and they been stopping my labor since week 24 so now we are ready just waiting for labor to fully kick in
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:18 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If it is nighttime or you are tired, I would try to rest. If you can sleep, then sleep. If they hurt too much to sleep, then find something to do, like bake something, especially cookies. Cookies have to be carefully watched or they'll burn. Keep baking cookies until you start burning them, when you can't pay attention anymore, it's time to go back and recheck.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 6:10 AM on May. 14, 2009