scared...

i know im pregnant, but im reallt scared of getting out of shape while being pregnant, i used to exersize but cant do as much anymore and im always hungry cuz i always get food cravings, i feel like a cow and i am super scared of not being able to lose the weight after i have the baby... any advice??

svanderlip4208

Asked by svanderlip4208 at 9:59 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its going to happen. Your going to gain weight. Its a part of having children. There isnt much you can do about it expect only eat the suggested amount. They say a pregnant woman needs 300 more calerios then she ate prepregnancy.

Do the math. Good luck!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 10:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• you can still do cardio exercise. you can walk up and down the neighborhood. make healthy choices when eating. if the baby wants something sweet pick up a piece of fruit. you should gain anywhere from 24-30 pounds during your pregnancy. when you have your baby you should drop 10-15 lbs that day. so you won't have much to work with after you are able to exercise regularly. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:10 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Also, if you decide to breastfeed, it will help your body get back to "normal" more quickly, but don't expect rapid results, you will also need to take in 500 more calories a day if you decide to breastfeed.
    TashaLee

Answer by TashaLee at 10:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I gained about 70 pounds with my first pregnancy and it's been very hard to get the weight off so be careful. If your hungry eat fruits and vegetables between meals. I was young and my doctor was an idiot who told me not to worry about all the weight I was gaining and to eat whatever and whenever I was hungry. I wish I would have known better.
    mandorf

Answer by mandorf at 1:46 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thank you all, i just feel like im getting really fat to fast but then again my belly is starting to pop, and i do walk alot but i feel like its not helping and it seems like everything i crave is either fried or has 1000 calories! lol
    svanderlip4208

Answer by svanderlip4208 at 2:56 PM on May. 13, 2009