CARBS!?!?

For medical reasons I have tried to cut out bad carbs and only eat whole grains..
It has been a chalenge..I have found out most of my diet is carbs..Potates,rice, pastas,sugar,breads,etc,,,,,I told my DH, there is no way I will live the rest of my life on meat a veges only. Whole grain tastes like crap I have found out. Just venting here.

Asked by louise2 at 10:00 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• My husband had to lower the carbs in his diet and found it difficult, so he cut them out as much as possible to make it easier.
    Once his body was used to it he would feel ill if he ate any sort of carb item.
    He loves whole grain breads, especially the ones that have 12 grains. He doesn't like pasta at all, passes on potatoes and rice, and eats more of healthy items. He also weighs his foods, and he bought a book that compares foods in restaurants so he can figure out which ones are better to eat at, and which foods are better to eat from them.
    He also exercises 3-4 days a week and has lost 20 lbs in the past 5 or 6 months.
    He did all this because of his diabetes and family history of obesity.
    He is the healthiest of all his brothers and father.
    You can do it if you change your mindset, practice it daily, and keep up with it.
    All the best to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:38 AM on May. 14, 2009

• omg i thought this said crabs lol
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 10:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Hi I'm Michaelle and I'm a carboholic.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:04 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I've been trying to switch to healthy carbs too, I use tons and tons of spices to make brown rice and whole wheat pasta taste good
    mandorf

Answer by mandorf at 1:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Wow! We eat our recommended 7 servings of whole grains a day. We eat our 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors. Feel free to contact me directly for more information, great recipes, etc.
    I think that whether or not something tastes good is based on the quality of the ingredients and the method of preparation. You can't just swap out brown rice or quinoa for white rice.
    For pasta, some whole pastas are good, some are not. If you are having a difficult time adjusting, start with 1/4 whole wheat and 3/4 white; gradually increasing the amount of whole wheat pasta.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on May. 13, 2009