How long should i wait before calling again?

I called the hospital yesterday to talk to the lady they said was over financial counseling for people that did not have any insurance. I wanted to talk to her about the charges for delivery and if they had payment plans or anything. Anyways that was about 3:00 yesterday and i havn't heard from her . It is 9:00 now. When should i call her back? I don't want to bother her i'm sure she is busy, but i would like to know what to expect. I am due in august so need to figure out how i am going to pay the hospital for delivery and about how much it is going to cost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would try around 10 and then if she hasn't called you back by 2, try again.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:10 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I would give her about 24 hours to return your first call.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:15 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Did she take your information? SHe could be mailing you information or getting things together to mail you. Have you applied for state insurance with medicade or whatever it is? You can also call your local welfare office to get help with insurance as they know who to call.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Wait at least 24 hours, as a person in accounting there are lots of things going on and 24 hours is reasonable, if you don't hear by say 4 today give her another call.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Give her until the end of today. Most financial offices are busy. A full business day is acceptable for call backs.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Where are you? Here in Missouri there's something called "Insurance for uninsured women". I don't know if they'd have that where you're from but with the pregnancy you'd qualify. Maybe you should call your local division of family services. You might qualify for temporary medicaid too, even if you have a job. Some people have to pay for medicaid, but only like $50 a month. Deliveries are really expensive with insurance, I can't imagine without.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't think they can give you an accurate accounting of your "future" situation. Every delivery is dfferent and yours may be one that requires something unexpected , and then again it may not.Either way, it'll cost you at least 5K so start saving. Every hospital ha some sort of payment plans. In Oklahoma, if you make regular payments, ie ;every month, they cannot legally take action against you. So yo can pay it off if it takes 99 years.lol:)
    dblshotexpresso

Answer by dblshotexpresso at 2:56 PM on May. 13, 2009