My 2 year old has woken up screaming the past 3 nights. Last night he was in a cold sweat and completely terrified. He is suddenly scared to go to sleep at night. I am thinking it is night terrors. I have 4 kids and my daughters have both dealt with nightmares but not until much later on. Any suggestions?

PICKNFLICK

Asked by PICKNFLICK at 10:11 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there is such a thing as "night terrors" my daughter did it several times and for some reason it's around the age of 1 to 2.....she would wake up screaming and crying and it was like she was still asleep because I would try to talk to her and she wouldn't listen and wouldn't calm down..I would just hold her until she fell back asleep...they grow out of it and she will be 3 in October and so far we haven't had an episode since last year...you can ask your pediatrician about it if it continues..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 4:21 PM on May. 13, 2009