Has anybody else measured small during pregnancy?

At my 34 week appointment I measured 33 which is the first time I didn't measure right on, now at my 36 week appointment I'm only measuring 32, I'm trying to stay calm about the whole thing, my doctor has scheduled an ultrasound for next monday, just need to know I'm not the only one this has ever happened to! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry hon. It actually is normal to not measure exactly at your amount of weeks. At the start of your pregnancy you will be within two weeks of the right measurement, but as your pregnancy progresses, you will be within four weeks of the proper measurement. There's nothing to worry about, but if you still have concerns, talk it over with your doctor or nurse.
    TashaLee

Answer by TashaLee at 10:22 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My SIL is 8 months and her doctor says she looks about 5 months so every time she goes in, she gets an ultrasound and each time her little one is fine. My SIL is tall and has a long torso so the baby just has more room going up and down probably than outward. My MIL says that her stomach muscles are probably keeping the baby in instead of going out also, because she's been a dancer for a really long time.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• well that happened to me also. At 17 weeks i visited my doc. and he told me i look like 14 weeks but they 'll know haw far u are once you go do ur ultrasound
    Xiomie

Answer by Xiomie at 10:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• When i got messured the last time my doc told me it was off because the way my baby was sitting.....he was all balled up and poking out on my left side. Im sure everything will be fine. Good luck and let us all know how it goes.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:26 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I was off by 3 weeks in the end of my second pregnancy and my doctor ended up ordering an ultrasound. My baby was measuring fine & was/is healthy! The uterus doesn't always measure right on.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:42 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers, I went to my u/s on monday and everything measured more than right, the babes size puts her in the 48th percentile, which means she's just about as average as they come, all that worry for nothing! Thank you all for calming my nerves!
    frogg10610

Answer by frogg10610 at 11:10 AM on May. 22, 2009