Did planned parenthood help you. They didn't offer me any help.

I see a lot of posts on here that tell women to go to planned parenthood for chekc ups, birth control, and pregnancy care. Now we don't have a lot of money but we don't qualify for any type of assistance. We just have enough to pay our bills and support our family but no luxuries. But we don't have insurance that covers maternity. With my first i went to planned parent hood and paid the $30.00 dollars to get the pregnancy test and confirm pregnancy. Then they just referred me to apply for assistance which i was denied for. People had told me that they could do checkups for you. I didn't mean i wanted them free i would pay. I just figured they may be at discounted prices or soemthing. Anyways i am pregnant again and still have no insurance and anytime you aske a question people always say go to planned parent hood or that pa cant deny you if you are pregnant. Well they can and do. cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have already got the money to pay for this pregnancy so it is not a problem this time. I was just wandering if planned paretnhood was able to help you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 13, 2009

• So when you have the money for the pregnancy you can go any ob/gyn clinic and get the care what you need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Sometimes if you have the money upfront a private doctor will give you a percentage off ...well mine did anyways.
    Damions_mom

Answer by Damions_mom at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2009

• They never helped me they told me they were there to help me make a decision. i told them i already made a decision what are you talking about. she said whether I wanted to put my baby up for adoption or abort it. I left and I never went back. I called the next day and told them I was there to look at the maternity clothes. the planned parenthood here do not do ob checkups. I don't believe. that option was not available to me. they gave out maternity clothes and offered parenting classes and baby furniture.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2009

• They don't do maternity care, but they do refer you to places to get help.
    As for helping me yes they are great I have to get a pap every 6 months due to health issues. I can pay 250 for a normal doctor or 24 at PP. They also gave me all the information on where to go for help when I was pregnant. How to apply for assitance for the medical and where I could go to talk to a counsler about adoption and if I really wanted that and if I would be able to handle it. I unfortunatly miscarried, but the help they gave me was priceless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2009

• no once i was over 18 they wer like this place is for teens.but we will do the test give you a proof of pregnancy and told me to find a pcp. ( this was years ago and then i didnt have insurence ) they did help with birthcontol but it was the same as if i had a pcp. price wise.pills were still at the time 30.00 so no matter were i went it was 30 a month. and i paid and even gave a donation at check out. but once i got insurence i found a pcp and havent been to planned parent hood since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree with what someone has said on here before, they should be called Preventive Parenthood. NOT Planned Parenthood. They don't help anyone plan. They only help to prevent and terminate.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes, i have the money this time. But there are lost of women who don't and don't have a way to get it like we did this time. And don't qualify for assistance. That is why the quesition was if planned parent hood ever helped anyone. I was under the impression from what others said that they offered care for discounted prices not necessarily free. And they did the same thing to me when i went to the the conformation of pregnancy with my first, they tried to talk to me like i needed help deciding weather to keep my child or not. I told them that isn't why i am here. I just need to confirm . That it costs $400.00 just to go to the ob for the first visit. I would hate to see how much they would charge just for a pregnancy test conformation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Agree grly anyway OP.During my second pregnancy (my oldest daughter) I went back to my old obgyn whom I went to as a teen a terrific doctor.He is his staff were great they worked out a payment plan for the care through my pregnancy and delivery.A good affordable plan.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:42 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Planned Parenthood is about giving birth control to PREVENT birth, not about helping you have a baby.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:05 AM on May. 13, 2009