Is my friend being unreasonable...

My bf is living in Cali and is planning an Ohio wedding. I am MOH. She is here this week and she wants to go to Columbus for one day(about 1.25 hrs away). I told her over the weekend I am not comforable driving bc my check engine light is on. She asked if I could drive my husband's car and I said no bc it's on it's last leg and we've been carpooling nearly everywhere. She asked why can't you just get it fixed... and we are closing on our house and have to pay 2-3K in closing costs. Now her sister won't drive either bc her brake light is on. So we're kind of in a rut. We also found out my due date is changed to Jan 3rd, the day I was planning her bridal shower. So now she wants me to hand everything over to her sister and is mad that she'll have to help prepare for her own shower bc she thinks I could ruin it with a baby. I woke up to a text saying we have to sit down & talk my feeling are really hurt. What do I do

LuccasMommy

Asked by LuccasMommy at 10:28 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, she is acting very selfish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 13, 2009

• honey you can do without her. she has been putting her needs and wants before your needs and healthy. you should not feel guilty that you are having a baby on her shower date. you can do much better. and I am sorry you are having to go through this. I understand she is getting married and all but if she wants to act like that I would tell her not to bother you until after she is married or not at all. sorry so honest but I hate people who always worry about just themselves and not worry about other peoples health and responsibilities.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Wow that's really rude. I'd tell her that you had wanted to do something nice for her and thought it would be fun but if she's going to act like this over the course of the next 8 months then she needs to find someone else. I realize it's her day, but there are other people in the world besides herself, and it's not even CLOSE to the wedding date, and if you think this is bad, wait until 30 days till D-DAY. Tell she isn't being a very good friend. Tell her she could have rented a car herself. Tell not to talk to you again or bother you with any wedding plans.. ESPECIALLY if she took away all your responsibilities for it, then you shouldn't have to hear her bitch when things go wrong. I'd also tell her not to expect a gift.. but that's just me.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2009

• as far as the baby and baby shower thing I think she is being unreasonable.
    Why does she want to go to columbus? not sure where you live, I live in Milford and there's a great bridal district in Reading... I am sure you can find what she wants for her wedding closer to you.
    If it is not to look for wedding stuff then it really isn't your problem anyway.... as MOH your job description ends at her wanting to go out and party- or randomly shop in an extremely inconvenient place- let her know you'd lov to go out with her to Columbus but only if she can find someone else to drive or another car to use.

congrats on your baby- but just so you know due dates are very unreliable- you could likely still plan the party and actually be there for her, especially if it is your first baby. That depends on how much you want to be involved now with her selfishness.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I would just tell her how it is and kind of ignore this little tantrum. She's probably under a lot of stress now planning her wedding. Hand the stuff over to her sister, let the wedding pass and her honeymoon...let all this blow over. Send her a wedding gift with your sincere regrets that you were unable to attend. If she's really your friend, when she's calmer, she'll realize that she was wrong and be so glad you stuck by her even when she was throwing a fit. That's what real friends are for! If she is still mad after that, she wasn't really your friend anyway. Sometimes when you lose something, it's really God's way of making room in your life for better things. Don't stress about it. This too shall pass :) You sound like a kind person to be so concerned for your friend when her behavior is not so nice. I'd be so lucky to have a friend like that!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 10:47 AM on May. 13, 2009