Does anyone use Sylvan Learning Centers for their High Schooler's?

My son has Dyslexia; his special ed teachers are not very good, he's struggling and doesn't want to feel different, so he doesn't ask for extra help. We're weeks away from the end of the school and he's failing EVERYTHING!

lindasjag

Asked by lindasjag at 10:38 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• They work good but are really expensive. If you can't pay on your own, you take out a student loan for the tutoring. If there is a Huntington Learning, try them. They are cheaper than Sylvan and work more with payments. As a side note, if he has in IEP in place, complain to the principal and threaten to go to the school board and state board of education. If he has an IEP, they must do what they need to get him the help he needs. You need to advocate for your son. Do what you need to MAMA.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my dad put my brother in it and it worked wonders! all you can do is try i knew a few people that went and they all started to do much better. good luck and hope things work out
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:45 AM on May. 13, 2009