How often do you feed your baby Gerber?

Like once a day or twice a day etc.. My daughter is 5 months old and I usually only feed her once a day of Gerber that is. I'm wondering should I be giving her more than once? She usually eats all of it but sometimes she only eats half at this point I'm giving her stage 1.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 10:39 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• feeding your baby Gerber is nothing bad....At 5 months I think I was giving mine 1-11/2 tablespoons of cereal mixed with fruit in the mornings or sometimes yogurt. (both my kids love yogurt) and 1/2 jar of meat and veggies(the jars with meat and veggie mix) for lunch maybe some fruit. and then for dinner the other half of the meat and veggie jar and the rest of the fruit they didn't finish for lunch. but there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. just try and introduce one more jar. and stage one is fine for now. i think i moved mine to stage 2 at around 6 months.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• NEVER...its nasty shit....just make your own baby food its NOT that hard or time consuming.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Thanks Anon, but no where in my question did it ask you if it was good or not.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:51 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My 7.5-month-old gets solids 3 times a day. I make my own, but he does get Gerber if we're on a trip.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 10:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I think my kids got baby food 1-2 times a day. Well my son had it 3 times a day cause he was a PIG lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:02 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Just remember that formula and breastmilk are the main nutrition until 1 year. Solids are just practice. So one container of solids is fine.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:06 AM on May. 13, 2009

• At 5 months, mine were taking a stage 2 jar at each meal. By 6 months they took the equivalent of two stage 2 jars at each meal. They were huge eaters.

At this stage, as long as there isn't a significant drop in the amount of formula or breastmilk, it's fine. Once they start table foods more consistently then it's expected for their liquid consumption to drop some.

We didn't use Gerber. I found some nasty stuff in a couple of their jars and the company wouldn't do anything about it. We used Beechnut. (my oldest actually preferred it)

At 6 months we started introducing table and finger foods.

OH...we also only gave food at meal or snack times, so there was a pretty set schedule for feedings about this time, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Exactly what MoonLover06 said. Its only for taste and practice this young. They don't NEED it. So if she's not eating it its not a big deal. Just make sure she is getting enough BM/formula.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:26 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I never used the stuff. At 5 months, she shouldn't be on any solids. So don't push it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:48 PM on May. 13, 2009