what would you do if your DH .....

got sent home for sexual harrasment? i was just thinking about this my DH works with all men so this wouldn't happen but for all your DH that work with men and women what would you do if the alligations were true?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It would depend on WHAT the alligations was, these days a man could tell a woman that she is wearing a pretty dress or blouse and be accused of Sexual Harrasment
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I think it would depend on a few factors. You know what your husband is really like, you need to know the woman (or even man) making the allegations. If I thought he would do something like that, it is time for a serious evaluation of him, the relationship and what he may be teaching the children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It would have to depend on the situation. There are lots of forms of sexual harassment. If he was just telling an off color joke, then I wouldn't be too upset other than the fact that he got in trouble at work and he's the one making the money. If he was literally making sexual comments to another woman, I would be livid. I'd probably also wonder if he'd been replaced with an evil twin as my husband isn't the type to do that sort of thing in the first place. He also works mostly with men and I think the women he does work with are older or in supervisor positions.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:50 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It depends on the situation like one of the posters said these days just saying someone looks nice in a new blouse or something can be construed as sexual harrassment, I would ask your DH what he supposedly did or said. My DH had a female employee who wanted to file sexual harrassment against my husband because he would ask her if her assignments/work done/completed, she said she was treated differently than the men in her department. Which no one else ever saw. Get the facts of what happened and talk with him about it.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:58 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree--get the facts & then react accordingly. If it was a compliment that was taken wrong, I would be sad that he got in trouble at work but not mad at him. If he was indeed harassing someone, I would be really upset. It would really make me question exactly who I married.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:14 AM on May. 13, 2009