how do i make create harmony with sister in law

My sister in law has been married to my brother 20 yrs and has but we know her and family since she was 9 years old. She grew in the same neighborhood, anyway for mother's day she makes nasty comments and she very mean! She has been always creating negative feelings and comments. Constantly no one stands up to her or comments because my brother and there children. Now I'm really upset because she my mother cry on mother's day! I no longer want to put up with unhappy person that she is and the environment that she creates and terrible karma. I believe if I say anything my brother will longer to his family. I'm the oldest of 6 children. EVERYONE IS AFRAID OF HER MOTHER,FATHER BROTHER AND SISTERS AND NO ONE WANTS TO CONFRONT HER...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

explore64

Asked by explore64 at 10:48 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Confront her! Someone has to do it. You don't have to yell, or be mean, you just need to let her know that her comments are hurtful, & no one appreciates them. There is no need to put up with her if she brings all the bad energy. If your brother chooses to not see your family any more, then that is HIS bad. And you don't really know if that will happen. Have you talked to your brother about this? How does he feel, & does she do the same to him?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I am kind of in the same boat in the sense that nobody ever stood up to my sister in law and I finally did and once I did everybody kind of followed that. So I would say to confront her and let her know that you are not going to put up with her bs anymore and hopefully people will stand behind you. Good Luck!
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 11:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm surprised that HE let her do that to your Mom.
    I wouldn't be mean to her but I'd get my point across. She obviously knows everyone is going to let her get away with it. NO ONE would be saying anything to my Mom and me not defending her. My Mom's been dead for years but I defended her when I was a teenager when my Dad said things that were mean and I'd do it again today. I'd do it for a friend and I'd certainly do it for my children. Someone needs to do it for your Mom or not invite that rude mean person back to any functions.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• She wouldnt get too far in my family . Seems your brother has no backbone too stand up for himself let alone for your family. This is going too be a tough one cause you all seem too back off of her way to much. You guys need too get together and figure out what your going too do . Quit laying down for her too walk all over you guys. Cause this will continue as long as you let it. And I have a sneaking suspicion that when and if you guys do confront her that shes going too make your brother choose between her and your family . Cause this shit will never get any better and your talk probley wont help anything with her cause she will still continue too act like a selfish bitch . The one that gets stuck the most in this situation is your brother and theyre kids . I wish you the best .Cause if that was me she would be picking her teeth up off the ground if she talked too my family like that and they didnt deserve that .
    Anonymous