Anyone ever taken Lortab while pregnant?I'm 20 weeks...

Here's the deal...I was in a wreck Monday night, went to the ER and found I have 2 broken bones in my right foot...I am also scratch up from head to toe, its terrible! I am 20 weeks as of today, but they said it was fine to take while pregnant. I had to go to the orthopedic Doctor and now i have a huge boot on and crutches and all that jazz, but my foot HURTS! He gave me a perscription for lortabs, but I have tried not to take them if i can help it...i went alll night long without any pain medicine and im soo proud of myself, but man my foot is KILLING me! Was thinking about taking one, but was wondering if anyone else had taken them while pregnant...they said it was fine, just wanted some input/support =)

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 10:57 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I had to take them on occasion with both my pregnancies, in small doeses it's fine. The stress of pain is more harmful to you and baby, then taking a Lortab. Hope you feel better soon hon
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:00 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I had my appendix removed when I was 20 weeks pregnant with my son. I was given loritab for pain after surgery. I took it for almost 4 weeks. and my son was fine. it is safe to take during pregnancy.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• yes i was prescribed loratabs by a physician, but I didnt take them because I wasnt in any pain. Call your doctor if you are sceptical about your decision.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 6:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• yes i ahd to take them when i was in my 20 something weeks of pregnancy, my ob gave them to me. it is fine to take as long as you don't abuse them.
    sexychica25

Answer by sexychica25 at 7:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I took Percocet for the last 2 months of my first pregnancy every day due to kidney stones and a stent. It's basically the same thing. My child came out healthy and perfect!
    JacesMommy627

Answer by JacesMommy627 at 10:30 PM on May. 13, 2009

• yes I had to take pain meds for a while during my pregnancy and my little is fine. Just take them as needed but don't wait until the pain is unbearable b/c then it doesn't work as well.
    mama2ds

Answer by mama2ds at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2009