Baby discharge?

My daughter ia akmost 2 weeks old. She's perfectly healthy. But sometimes when I change her diaper, I notice a white discharge, tucked up in her labia. There's no irritation there. I'm sure I could look it up online, but, since I'm here... I figured I'd just ask! Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is completely normal. It will also be normal if you wipe and see a little blood. just to let you know.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:03 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Thank you, sweetie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes its normal. Those are from your hormones. When I wiped blood in the hospital it scared me because no one ever told me. But it is normal. Congratulations!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:20 AM on May. 13, 2009

• yeah a little is the normal it is cleansing itself even a little blood can be normal at the begining.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:26 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yup it's totally normal my daughter had that along with a little blood.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• When my sister had her baby girl she asked about that in the hospital. They said it's normal and don't try to wipe it off.
    Anonymous