How much should I charge for childcare??

I might be taking in another child this summer while his dad goes to school. I was wondering how much to charge an hour??? The little boy is 7 years old. ( I was thinking about charging $3?) PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 11:04 AM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• it really depends on his situation and your situation... if he is a great kid and is no trouble to keep, then $3 an hour sounds fair. I used to keep a little girl for a friend of mine a couple days a week. She rode the bus home with my DD and stayed for about 3 hours. I only charged the Mom $5 a day. BUT, this girl was a joy to have and she played so well with my kids that having her there actually made MY life easier because she helped keep my kids busy and happy. On the flip side, a neighbor had asked me to keep her three kids and I charged her $5.00 an hour. They were demons on wheels. They broke stuff, fought with my kids, and were cry babies ALL the time when they didn't get their way. I was SO tired mentally and physically when they would go home that $25 an hour wouldn't have been worth the distress they caused while at my house.

$3.00 per will probably be blessing to your friend compared to the cost day care

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I would charge $5 a hour, that is still a lot cheaper than a center. Centers charge anywhere from $25 a day up. Some charge by the week or month. Call around and see what others are charging and make a decision that way. It also depends on the area in which you live.If it is a friend, you can charge less to help him out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 AM on May. 13, 2009