home job in internet, true or scam?

i found a website telling that we can work at home. they need typist or encoder. its a part time job too. they will send the item. you will encode it then send back to them. the salary is big and good. but it have registration fee. why do we need to pay them. we are the one who need job and money. i want to know if this ads is scam.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• You shouldn't have to pay for a job. Unless it's like a candle company or something where you buy a kit to sell the product 9which i understand because those companies would loose a lot of money to people who weren't interested if they didn't charge) I don't trust it.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:10 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree with the first. I looked for a very long time. I looked at everything out there, googled this and that and found they make their money off of you.
    Some are good, don't get me wrong b-cause the internet is "The place" for work. But you also have to compete with thousands of people for the same job!
    I did exactly what "ajquinn" said about paying for it. I actually joined into the Scentsy wickless candle a year ago. I did pay the start up which is no different than Avon and such. I have not regretted my decision. I am really making money and I don't have to key in stuff everyday. I now have people that call me to place orders. SO it was worth it for me.
    Some will probably give you some websites to check out....but beware.....
    I looked from everthng from editing to secreterial etccc.... most were scams.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 11:51 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree as well.You should never have to pay to work a home job,but if it is a business opportunity,then there is always going to be a start up cost.You need to be passionate about whatever it is that you decide to do.I get to help people save money on their health care cost and also help people to switch stores so they can have healthy more safe products in their home.
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 12:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• You should never pay for a JOB. There are legit companies that will require you to pay for backgroud, credit or drug checks/tests but you should NEVER be asked for a reg fee.

Now, If you are looking at businesses you are usually required to pay a fee. This because they are NOT JOBS. They are franchises, even if they don't actually call them that, that's what they are. You will occationally find one that's free but it's rare.

I have 3 successful and profitable home businesses. I an assuming that you are looking for a job so I won't give you all the details but I will tell you that I would be happy to provide you with them any time. Just ask.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:23 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I also run a website devoted to finding everyone the best finacial opportunities for them from home. I have a long list of legit WAH companies, however many of them are going through the same econonmic crunch as the rest of us and not hireing. But it can't hurt to look!

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

• The registration fee is a big red flag. It's a scam. Why would they need you to pay? Because that's the only way they make money.

If you want some free work at home jobs, go to Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• SCAM!!!!!!!!!!! I work in a bank and see people come in with their "paychecks" all the time. It is so devastating to have to tell them that all the money they were counting on is non-existent and they have been wasting their time. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OF ONLINE AND POSTAL SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I do agree that you should never do something online where you have to pay upfront. That is like the first RED flag I look for.
    marielbergeron

Answer by marielbergeron at 1:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If it's a real job, the only thing you should ever have to pay for is a background/credit check.
    Home businesses, yes, there is usually some start up fee or kit to buy, and that's true with most. If you'd like, I can tell you about my home business, which was free for me to start. Be careful with internet jobs. There are some out there, but you really have to do your research on them.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• There are both out there. Even the ones that are not scams are mostly MLMs that require you to bring on more people to make real money.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:15 PM on May. 13, 2009