Anons is it really anon?

Can the adminstrators of this website find out who posted and anon question or answer?

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 11:25 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IDK. But that is something worth asking the admins!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 11:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I think they can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 13, 2009

• yes they know every anon the post anything on this side. one time i post something anon and they email me telling me that they erase my answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes, they know how posts annon. :0)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:29 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Check this box if you want this answer to appear anonymously. If you answer anonymously, please make sure your answer is nice, honest, and respectful. Any disrespectful anonymous answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled.

That is posted at the bottom of the "answer question" button! So, yes, they can.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• On other sites I belong to, it is possible for Admins to discover who is posting anon. However, they are supposed to have a reason to do so...like if someone is threatening someone (or themselves) bodily harm, if someone is posting about illegal activities, etc. In cases such as these, it's in the TOS that they can get into the records and report it to the authorities.

One one particular site, it was discovered that the owner was going into the anon posts and finding out who they were just because....people started leaving and/or calling for her to give up her position. She gave up the site and handed it over to a new owner.

My guess would be they don't look at each anon answer/post, but those which are reported if necessary. But who knows. Based on past experience questioning admin, I'm betting you'd get no straight answer.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Of course they do. They can tell who is reading what question at any moment. How many are in what section. Who wrote what answer, poll, question, anon or not. They can even tell how many times a person logs into the site in one day. It's the program. Someone has to be responsible for those who actually give a crap what someone has to say on here.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Well thats embarrassing hahahahah lol i log on here like a million times a day jajja
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 11:57 AM on May. 13, 2009