home remadies for stained clothes

I was just wanting to know if there was any home remadies for stained kids clothes? I lost a whole bottle of stain spray I cannot find it anywhere and I can't get to the store until tomorrow, but my kids clothes need washed today. Are there anything I can like mix from home or whatever that will get out stains? They are like stains from a 4 year old and a 16 month old so like food stains and dirt and grass stains. Thank you so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have discoverd the best stain remover I've ever used in a book by the Arm and Hammer baking soda company. It's gotten out everything I've tried it on except mustard and non-washable paint ...including coffee stains! The only thing is to try to use it before the clothes go through the dryer, although I have had some pretty good success with it even if I didn't catch the stain first time around.

1/2 c. ammonia
    1/2 c. white vinegar
    1/4 cup baking soda (add slowly..it will fizz!)
    2 Tbsp. liquid soap ( I just use my usual laundry soap, but dish soap works well too)
    2 quarts of water

I have four daughters, and wish I'd found this stuff years sooner!
    Good luck!
    Melissa
    iAMaDreamer

Answer by iAMaDreamer at 2:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Stop asking....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 13, 2009

• do you add a cup of bleach to the wash? If you add it when the wash tub is full of water and not pour directly on the clothes it won't take the color out of the items; however, if you have dried the clothes in a hot dryer the stains may already be set. You could also add baking soda to the wash

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I asked this question a few weeks ago and I got a really good answer that actually worked!
    1/2 cup peroxide
    1/2 cup baking soda
    1 cup hot water
    mix together, treat spot wait until stain is gone, I can take an hour or so if it's a bad stain.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:34 AM on May. 13, 2009

• screw you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 13, 2009