What has President Obama done to earn your praise or ire?

Please use specific, concrete facts about what he has or has not done, rather than emotional or personality plugs. I am looking for policies, legislation and quotes. Please stick to the merits or lack thereof of Obama versus doing compare and contrast to other politicians. Look only at him.

TrekkieMom

Asked by TrekkieMom at 11:35 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not googling concrete facts because of why I don't like him.
    Basically, I am disgusted with the fact that he used his high level of education and intelligence against the very people who voted for him. I feel he used them, took advantage of them when they needed him the most, he lied to them and the election process for him was nothing more than a personal journey for him to be the first black President. I don't believe he ever had in his heart any intention of helping the elderly, or the poor or the oppressed. I feel he used them, I feel he used alot of younger citizens who were politically uneducated to gain votes with popularity and coolness and now they are the ones who will really pay the price. With stimulus packages that run into 2019 and budget deficits that have tripled..............
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:52 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I personally don't like Obama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 13, 2009

• and now social security that will run out in 2037. It's the young voters that he brainwashed who will ultimately pay for all that he has done in such a short time. I really don't believe he is truly interested in a second term, I think it was all about HIM and it will always be about HIM, he just wanted to be TheOne to be the first black President and he did and said what he had to do to get it. The lies are overwhelming and obvious, and his callous nature regarding answering to accountability is now just a slap in the face to those who voted for him. I knew what he was about.
    I feel for the people who felt they really needed him, believed in him, were hurting bad in the recession and are still,if not worse off, in a bad economic situation that is getting worse.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:56 AM on May. 13, 2009

• He has increased our debt in past few months more than Bush did in 8 years (I am not a Bush fan at all never voted for him). He kept the Patriot Act. His healthcare plan will not work and could cause us to have the same health care issues many in European countries and Canada have. My 84 year old grandmother lives in Canada she had to come here to get treatment for her cancer. They would not treat her in Canada because of her age. She had another form of cancer at 62 and again because of her age they would not treat her. She came here got the treatment no questions asked and lived well until this recent bout. She had a mastectomy for her latest cancer and now is fine. She will die of old age had she not left Canada she would have died from cancer.
    Anonymous

• I am happy about him calling off the DEA agents that Bush sent to interfere with the states who legalized medicinal marijuana. Now cancer patients can smoke freely.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Praise? NOTHING!
    Ire? Lied to get elected.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We like the President because people are free to get high? RU F-KIDDING ME?????
    Anonymous

• Now cancer patients can smoke freely.

And a few others................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

****

Sadly, she is not. THIS is one of the MANY self-centered, narrow-minded reasons why Obama is the President. It's all about me, me, me...who cares about the big picture! As long as I get what I want, nothing else matters! I hear that all the time from my 5 & 7 year old children! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I've never smoked pot, why do I feel the need to start now? hehe
    Does it make all the bad stuff go away?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:38 PM on May. 13, 2009