What meals do you feed your toddler for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Im needing to find some new things to feed my son and healthy things too. We dont do any of that organic stuff either, were not that picky lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Breakfast-
    You can make a large batch of waffles, french toast, or pancakes and freeze them in individual bags and put in toaster in the morning. Serve with fruit, eggs, milk, juice, yogurt, oatmeal, or cereal. i usually use a whole loaf of bread when I make french toast so I have a lot left over for the next few days. I alternate so he doesn't eat the same thing every morning. We always have fresh fruit.
    Lunch-
    I try to have leftovers from dinner the night before but if not I will make mac and cheese, a sandwhich, hot dog, chicken nuggets, always a fruit, pasta is fast and easy, p b & J, or cheese, crackers, and lunch meat.
    Dinner-
    He eats whatever I make for dinner for the family.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:45 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My little girl is a picky eater. Thank goodness we've found a few things she really likes. These are the things she will ALWAYS eat. (Obviously not all of them, every day!)
    BREAKFAST: a frozen "GoGurt", strawberries (with a little sugar), any cereal
    LUNCH: cottage cheese, nutrigrain bar, pepperoni and cheese, peanut butter and honey sandwich
    DINNER: some kind of noodles, green beans, a biscuit or roll, mashed potatoes, sometimes grilled chicken
    SNACKS: Kid's Essentials drink (great for days when she doesn't eat much), cheetos, granola bar with chocolate chips, etc...
    Maybe that'll give you a few ideas. Hopefully your little guy starts to like a wide variety of food soon!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:46 AM on May. 13, 2009

• ps- she helps us make everything she eats. it gets her a little more interested in it.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I pretty much just feed my dd (who is 15 mtns) what we are all eating that day and night. Like this morning she ate a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios w/ some Orange Juice and some toast. For lunch she is about to eat a PB&J with a sippy cup of milk and some apple sauce. And I have yet to decide what to make for dinner! lol.. But she is ever so picky just like her sisters lol so its kinda difficult to get them to eat sometimes and my hubby yells at me cause I make them something diff when they dont wanna eat what we eat and im like well I dont want them going hungry either.. Sorry I wasnt that much help, hopefully one of the other ladies can give ya some great advice!! Good Luck!!! =-)

3greatkids751

Answer by 3greatkids751 at 11:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My daughter eats anything. SHe's at day care for breastfast and lunch so that helps me a lot! The do cereal, toast and jelly, fruit, begals, waffles, pancakes, french toast type things for breakfast.

For lunch, it's pasta, chicken pot pie, meatloaf, pizza, spahgetti, hot dogs cut up with veggies and fruit. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of. You can always give the baby foods too. Get a box of oatmeal or rice ceral ( or the adult oatmeal or grits) and mix in either fresh smashed fruit or thet baby jars. It's pretty healthy.

At home, we'll steam some chicken and vegies and then cook the pasta and make our own meals for the week. She'll eat grilled chicken, meats, veggies, fruit, applesauce, yogurt, etc. I still buy the gerber meals for her too. So if she can't eat what I'm eating, she'll get one of those. She loves the meat sticks and the ravioli things.
    Anonymous

• www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 2:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Breakfast- panckaes, muffins, cereal, oatmeal and fruit.
    Lunch- Leftovers, pb&j, ham or turkey sand., banana & peanut butter on a hot dog bun, ants on a log (celery with peanut butter & raisins), soup, and usually put one of these corn, cheese, baked beans, salad with whatever she is eating.
    Dinner- whatever we eat

snacks- grapes, watermelon, strawberries, yogurt, cranberries, raisins, goldfish.
    Anonymous

• for breakfast my son likes eggs,waffles,french toast or sometimes just dry cereal but everyday he eats a banana also

lunch, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, lunchable JR (he LOVES those) and usually we have a vegi or fruit

dinner he eats what we eat.

I push vegis and fruits though, we have one with every meal. And our son is a little picky, he won't eat hamburger.. AT ALL! so when we cook we have to use ground turkey, it is less fattening, and better for you and you can't tell the diff (for some reason he can lol)
    LCmommyof2

Answer by LCmommyof2 at 11:20 PM on May. 14, 2009