Does a Christian have authority over the weather?

Someone recently told me that Christians have authority over the weather and I asked them where in the bible it side that and all they said was old testament so that wasn't much of a help. So can anyone help clear this up for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have never heard of such a thing how would christians have authority over the weather?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:45 AM on May. 13, 2009

• that's what I said it sounded pretty silly to me and when I asked for scripture to back it up all they said was it's in the old testament.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Silly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't know about that, but I do know if you pray and ask God for anything he answers prayers. So, maybe in that aspect? I've never heard tha before though and I'm a Christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Then why can't I make it snow when I REALLY need a day home from school?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:50 AM on May. 13, 2009

• There accounts in the Bible of certain people having control over the weather like Elija and Moses, but I think that's a special gift from God given at special times.

I don't think it's something any old believer can do whenever they want.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Read this ...Matthew 8
    23Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
    26He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
    27The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Luke 10:18-20 (New International Version)
    18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.

and next post .. this..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• LMAO!! Of all the ridiculous things I've heard today. Yeah if it were true, why didn't they stop Hurricane Katrina??? That's what I want to know. Maybe it's like mogencreative said certain accounts in the buy-bull about Moses and what not.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:12 PM on May. 13, 2009

• John 14:11-13 (New International Version)
    11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 7austic.... without the prayers of the christians Katrina would have been a lot worse that it was.. a WHOLE lot worse. All of New Orleans could have been completely wiped out but it wasn't .
    When God decided to destroy Sodom and Ghmorrah.. Abraham asked God if he would save it for so many people he said yes but since there was only Lot that was saved the city was still destroyed.
    What you guys do not understand, fail to understand because of unbelief is that we as humans by its self have no power but Christ in us we have been given that power and authority to speak to the mountains to be cast to the sea. Why has it not happened yet. Unbelief or the lack of realisation that we truly as Christians have been given the power and authority in Christ Jesus. Jesus was able to do what He did because He knew how to tap into the flow of Heaven. Not many Christians are taught to know how to do that but those in satanic cults ..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:19 PM on May. 13, 2009