Why...

do some women miscarries in their third trimester? I'm going to be in my third trimester soon and afraid of that. I've heard many stories about that and even had a friend that lost her baby during labor...its just so sad I don't think I would be able to take it if that would happen to me...

youngmom3525

Asked by youngmom3525 at 12:05 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Past like 20 or so weeks it's called a still birth not a misscarriage. One woman I knew lost her baby at 28 weeks b/c the umbilical had a complete knot in it. The baby was cut off from oxygen and died. This is very uncommon. Most pregnancies do go to term w/out problem expecially if you are close to the third trimester.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:17 PM on May. 13, 2009