What kind of wedding did you have?

What kind? How did it go? any tips?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 12:06 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I had an outdoor garden wedding. We had a pavillion all decorated their was a pool nearby, and it had floating candles in it which turned out beautiful. And i got married at like 5:30 pm so the sun was shining right on us as we said our vows. I couldnt see shit but the pictures turned out absolutely beautiful.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 12:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We had an outside wedding right by an overflow damn with 5 waterfalls in a row, it was BEAUTIFUL. We had everyone standing around so we were surrounded by family and friends. The service wasn't very long but it was perfect! The wedding was supposed to start at 2 but we got delayed and didn't start until after 3pm. All the pictures were great! I had passed out some cameras and everyone that had digital cameras brought theirs so we had pictures from every angle for the ceremony and reception (plus we saved a ton on an actual photographer!).

mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 12:13 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We decided to get married at the last minute. In less than a week I put together a pretty nice wedding. Was very shocked how well it all turned out, lol! I cant IMAGINE what we could have done with a few months! LOL.. I got married in a church, & had a small reception at a restaurant.

Tips:  Dont make your husband regret poping the question by turning into a bridezilla! A wedding is to bring you 2 together not make you wonder what you liked so much in each other! Stay nice & respectful to everyone! You will get emotional over every decision, but dont turn it on others! BUDGET BUDGET! .... Tips all depend on how long you got, whos paying, how much, ect. ect.. so tips are hard to tell without more info!

Congrats.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had a church wedding with a reception. We got married at 3pm and our reception was at 6pm. It was incredible, more than i expected. We were blessed for our wedding to come out the way it did considering we had planned it in such short time. As far as tips, i would suggest you first have a list of EVERYTHING that you want at your wedding, than plan a budget. Also try to avoid stress and the people who cause it lol.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 12:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• 1. formal wedding and reception - it went fine. 2) ran away to another state & married in a courthouse - that was fun. 3) married in the basement of a church - no reception. It was ok. My dd had a backyard garden wedding. That was nice except for the heat.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:28 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My granmother has a gorgeous back yard. Real big. Green grass, beautiful trees, gorgeous garden. My husband and i got married in her back yard. We had a hawiian wedding. Our colors where bright pink and baby blue. It was gorgeous! I had it at 5:00 so the sun was setting. Summer time (June) In Arizona. After the wedding we took everyone to the front yard to meet and greet us, and we served bottled water. Had chairs for the elderly. As my aunt mother and grandmother set up the reception in about 20 min.

You couldnt even tell it was in a back yard in the pictures. Her house was huge. It was gorgeous. I woudlnt have traded it for the world. And ya know what? The total cost was 650$ including dress and everything :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:38 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I was married in an English country village and it was beautiful.

My best tip for you, is when you are planning your wedding budget don't skimp on the photographer.  Because the day goes by so fast and most of it is a blur and when it is all over, all you have left is the pictures.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had a church wedding.
    Reception was outside with a reggae band.
    Rained-beautiful rainbow.
    Honeymooned in Florida-had a extra week because of bad weather-double rainbows happened in Florida.
    Got married when I was 45yo-LOVING IT.
    SweetGems

Answer by SweetGems at 1:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We had our ceremony on the beach and then the reception was in a room of a beach front hotel with an ocean view. Although, when I say ocean view, it was more like a view of the sand dunes. LOL. I agree with the person that said not to skimp on the photographer. Try to pick flowers, at least for the centerpieces and bridesmaids bouquets, that are in season and not exotic to save money there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had a funny wedding...
    Out of state... Never met the pastor... Never saw the place before... People I had never met before were issued a general invite by by FIL... He also asked a couple to do music. They couldn't sing and the violin sounded like nails on a chaulk board... I hadn't thought about food until the night before and then we bought it and cooked it all up... Hadn't thought about decorations... But what my MIL found on clearence matched the dresses perfectly. The cake was too small so I didn't even get any (guests first right?)lol The pianist who player the wedding march somehow played it backwards... My dad and mom didn't even get there till 1 hour BEFORE the wedding... No rehersal for them. :-)

But after 9 yrs of marriage I have to say that the uniqueness of our wedding was PERFECT! And it cost less than !1200.- for the whole schebang...
    mommabiggs

Answer by mommabiggs at 2:50 PM on May. 13, 2009