would u take a week old baby to your 5 yr olds graduation at pre-school?

my 5 yr old is graduating to kindergarten 2morrow nite and my baby will be one week old i dnt hve anyone to watch him and i dont wan t to miss it but i dont know if it would be safe to have him around alot of kids.

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 12:12 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would... but keep little fingers off the baby. Maybe even carry the baby in a sling or carrier so it's harder to get to the baby. Germy season is coming to an end so I think you would be pretty safe.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would. But that's just me. Those babies in most cases have better immune systems than we do being that little. Just don't let people be touchy if your worried.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• That is a hard decision because your 5 year old will never be in kinder again but your putting your baby in harm of viruses. They catch almost anything and with the stuff going around now I wouldn't do it. See if a neighbor or a parent from your kids school can?
    214mommydearest

Answer by 214mommydearest at 12:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Sorry those babies meaning new babies. Your baby..
    :o)
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• oh yes of course i would :) just keep him close and watch out for curious fingers :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 12:17 PM on May. 13, 2009

• yeah i would keep him in his carrier and not let ne one touch him. he was born 2 days before my daughter turned 5 and i had to cancel her bday party and have been feeling really guilty so i will feel even worse if i miss this
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 12:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i would. not only will she be commented my her friends on being a big sister but she will be so proud to have you and baby there also:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:27 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm leaning towards no jsut becuase so young, but then again my daughter went to outpatient at the hosp for beli tests at 4 and 5 days old, so that probably has more germs than the graduation! Should be fine as long as baby isn't being passed around, ya know. My only concern is the influx of germs at such a young age. At a month I wouldn't care as much.
    Anonymous

• That is somthing you don't want to miss! I would say go ahead just have your little one in a wrap or covered in a stroller. If someone wants to touch I always say to touch feet only, that way you can wipe them and baby is less likely to put them in mouth.
    threeladies

Answer by threeladies at 12:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thanks for all the positive answers i feel much better now
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 12:46 PM on May. 13, 2009