Can an impact hurt implantation

this sounds like a ridiculous question, but considering i have had two back to back miscarriages i am especially nervous. i was carrying a basket of wash down the stairs today and tripped causing me to jump three steps. my question is: i ovulated friday and i am assuming implantation will start soon, will this impact cause a problem with implantation?

longonevs

Asked by longonevs at 12:18 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not likely...but just a warning, simply because you ovulated and had sex doesn't mean you should automaticaly assume that means there is a fertilized egg to implant....you may not be pregnant....many women try for months or years before it happens and that's with charting, temp taking, using ovulation tests and even fertility drugs......I don't mean to be cruel, but you just sound so sure that you will automaticaly became pregnant and I wouldn't want to see you disappointed when your period comes on time!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:04 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thanks for your input. i have been pregnant three times all on the first try. we use the ovulation kit so i know exactly when i am ovulating. and after three pregnancies i feel the same way as i did with those. i just had a hard time keeping the fetus due to clotting, but that seems to be under control now. i am just trying to think positively. i know that just because you have sex doesnt mean you will get prego, but it hasworked everytime for me.
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 1:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If you have had two miscarriages it is natural to worry that unintentional impact could cause damage. Have you researched the role of Vitamin E in preventing miscarriages? If not, may I suggest you research this with your doctor and with information on the internet. A slip or impact of some type may not be as significant as some extra E in your prenatal vitamins. Hope this helps!
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 9:16 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thank you
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 10:04 PM on May. 13, 2009