Why do people always bash Melaleuca?

I just became a customer with Melaleuca and love there products.I have seen people write on here about how you have to purchase so many products a month.Well you purchase products at wal-mart every month that have harmful chemicals in them and the wal-mart bill adds up every month.Why not switch stores and save with having safer healthier products in your home.

Tia23sb

Asked by Tia23sb at 12:19 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Many of us prefer to make our own cleaning products, then we know exactly what is in them, something that Melalueca has been unwilling to do.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:59 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Are you a customer or a consultant? As a consultant you are still required to purchase so many products per month. I have a small family, so I would end up having to buy more than I usually would. I've also heard that when you are promoted, your purchase minimum goes up. I'm sure it works fine for many, but I know that it would be too much of an obligation for me and my family.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I love Melalueca.
    SweetGems

Answer by SweetGems at 1:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• to me, yes, the products were great, but you had to purchase way too much. i couldn't use all the products that i was buying. i dont need dishwashing soap and laundry detergent every month... my stuff just kept piling up, i did NEED to buy more yet when I was required to by more, ya know? that's why i love isagenix, all the products are edible, and the minimum purchase every month is wayyy less than what you actually use that month. i am always ordering MORE than i am required to. the minimum requirement is so reasonable, and the products are amazing.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i am a melaleuca customer also & do like the products, but i do wonder how do i really know that they are safer than other products . How do you just trust someone to tell you yes it's healthier? This goes along with other things as well like organic food from supermarket or organic products. How do you really know they are organic or green or healthy?? That is something that is always in the back of my head.
    Anonymous

• I don't think people are bashing Melaleuka in general....most don't like the purchase amount as a consultant....
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 3:23 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I recently became a Director and I totally agree with you. The products are so superior, are less expensive and are safer. I think people just bash what they are afraid of and/or have no knowledge about. I think the products and business opportunity are spectacular. It has enhanced my family so much. I feel very blessed to have found such a company, and wonderful people to work with.
    Twinstar88

Answer by Twinstar88 at 3:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I know the products are healthier because there was a dramatic change in my daughters' health when I converted out my home. I also feel so much more energetic after being on the vitamins for 3 months.
    Twinstar88

Answer by Twinstar88 at 3:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well, I try not to bash but I don't think Mellaleuca is a good company! I don't like their products and I'm allergic to most of them. I was a distributer for 7 months and couldn't find a single person that wanted to become a customer. I also feel their products are no lonnger needed. When the company came out there weren't any green products on the market unless you special order them. Today you can get green products at Family Dollar. I also feel that they pay way to low of a commission and require their consultats to purchase to much each month. I would have been happy to pay an overhead, but I was required to by products. Products I wasn't happy with! I do not bash but when I am asked I give my honest oppinion. It just happens to be a negative one!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:21 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I like a lot of the products (my mother used to sell it), but the buy minimums are kinda silly.. I think the minimum should be lowered when consultants are 'rpmoted'. I mainly only buy it if I have a friend who is a consultant. I give her money for products, and she puts it toward her minimum buy quota. I mainly like the stuff like the tea tree oil, etc. It's a bit cheaper than Ive found in-store.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:13 PM on May. 13, 2009