Are u a hypocondriac? Do u know anybody who is??

... I thin my friend is one! Everything that happens to he she exagerates! Like if she gets a big headache and one day she called her mom and told her she thinks she has a brain tumor! Them the other day she cut her finger with a knife and she needed stitches so now she's been wearing the finger brace for over a month! Shouldn't it be healed by now? It was only 2 stitches!! And many other examples that I have and she gets on my nerves, because even if im very sick she's like I think I more sick than u! I dont know she's just too much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP here!.. I know its an illness and im not bashing anyone who is, I just wonder how to deal with it with out it getting on my nerves!!
    Anonymous

• hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah if you had given different examples i say your my cousin for useing that word. lmfao. i at times think ima hypo watever lol i start to be like wat if i have this or this and start to worry then i just laf at myslef for being stuid jajaj.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 12:32 PM on May. 13, 2009

• oh by the way im not maiong fu iether i diddt know it was a real ILLNESS. i just thought it was funny lol
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 12:33 PM on May. 13, 2009

• making fun sorry i type to fast and miss or type in the wrong letter at the wroing time lol
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 12:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my mom is, she doesnt ever think she is more sick than anyone, but she had this medical book someone gave her and she seriously "had" everything in the book. she went to the doc so many times for crazy things she never had. although she did diagnose her own galbladder stones with it. and this one time we were watching a show about parasites. and she get migranes and the show said that bad headaches can be cause from some kind of parasite in the brain, she thought she had it! went to the doc and they told her everything was fine, but she insisted for about a month the doc was wrong and she had the parasite! crazy i tell you
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's real, I think it's people trying to get attention, my moms friend has it and anytime something is wrong she calls my mom. My mom isn't a doctor so if she really thought something was wrong then she would call the doctor, not my mom. And your friend would call or go to the hospital if she thought something was really wrong. I think it's people who want attention, in my opinion it's fake.
    Anonymous

• my mother. It is not easy living with someone like this. It's funny on TV, but not in real live.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a friend who is that way, always at the doctor. I try very hard to be sympathetic, but quite honestly it really wears on my nerves. The sad part is that I think her oldest child is picking up on the behavior as well and is starting to mimic it.
    Anonymous

• My mother and my sister!
    Anonymous

• I can be. A couple years ago I convinced myself I had aids. I found a rash on my hand one day so I went to webmd.com and looked up "rash on hands" as a symptom and out of the maybe 75-100 results I got, one of them was aidsso I convinced myself that thats what I had even though I was never at risk for it and had no other symptoms. I went a year really believing I had it but too afraid to actually get tested. It took me actually "accepting that I had it" before I actually got the courage to go to the doctor and get tested and what do you know...I'm fine. I'm nuts.
    Anonymous