playing teaparty

I dont remember ever playing teaparty or anything like that growing up. Could you ladies give me some tips on how to play tea party with my dd. im clueless! she has a cute tea set & small table to play on.
what other roleplaying things can we do together?
she is 2.5. and im afraid that my lack of a childhood is going to make her miss out on simple fun roleplaying things as well..
More info the better! :)
thanks mommies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• set out little plates and decide together what invisible food is on all of them. bring her favorite dolls and stuffed animals to the table, too. personify them with cute voices. wear fun hats and glasses and other dress up clothes. put on music and have a 'dance'. after the tea party. take the party outside and go on an adventure. this could be anything from picking flowers, to searching for fairy princesses in the woods.
    other make believe games to play: doctor, school, pretend to be zoo animals, let her wear your jewelry and be a grown up with you, etc...
    we play a lot of pretend games at home. my DD is 2 1/2 as well. its so much fun!!! i hope you and your girly have a good time!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• you can do dress up; and its just like sitting there eating only its you and her and thats it or whoever she "invites" you talk and snack...
    Anonymous

• The most important thing you need to know is this. DON'T BE AFRAID TO ACT SILLY! A lot of people I know don't play with their kids this way because they feel embarrassed when the only person who is watching is their child. Make up names and try different accents. I'm sure I look like a complete nut when I'm reading stories to my son because I like to get into character and do all the different voices. My husband laughs at me but I know my son loves it and that's why I do it.

Try a safari hunt in the backyard or the park. You can find animals, insects, plants, etc.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Chances are, she'll show you. My daughter has a play kitchen and she'll mix food in one of the cups and feed it to me. I pretend to eat it and she thinks it's the funniest thing!

Sit at the table and "pour" tea into the cups. Ask daughter if she'd like cream or sugar. Be sure to ask "one lump or two". She'll have no idea what it means, but it sounds kinda silly so you should get some giggles! when you drop in the sugar be sure to make some splash noises :) Pretend to drink each others and let the teddy bear drink too.
    Anonymous