Help with a birthday favor!

My daughter's 1st birthday party is this weekend and I have a tiny (2x2) photo magnet of her I had made that I want to give to everyone (adults) but I need another favor because I have a favor bag I want to put it in! Any ideas??? Has to be something quick and easy! Candle? Homemade cookies?

TylersMama05

Asked by TylersMama05 at 12:34 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• I'm really not trying to be mean, but a party for a 1 year old, that's a little much, don't you think? We had a cake for our son and his grandparents bought him clothes, his 2nd b-day just passed and we had a party with a bounce house and all he did was play with his pirate ship. And our daughters 1st b-day is coming and we're just giving her a cake. But since your having this party and you need help and your saying it's for adults, try candles but if it's for children do cookies or candy or even little toys. But your spending your money on gifts for others, when you should just give her a cake and spend the money on diapers, we all know these babies go through a ton!! GL to ya!!
    Anonymous

• To the OP, what's a little too much? She is having a joint party with her cousin who is also turning 1 and I personally LOVE having a reason to celebrate and have fun!!! She will have presents, cake and family and friends there. Oh, and she will never go without diapers! I am doing favor bags for the kids who are coming and wanted to do something nice for the adults. I see NO problem with that, but thanks for your advice!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 1:26 PM on May. 13, 2009

• How about a music CD with songs about kids, love or even fun family car/dance tunes. Or you can set the pictures you already have on your computer into a CD- ROM slide show set to A song. If you don't have time to create one. Windows movie maker can make one for you. Just put the pics in order and add the song. It usually takes about 30 minutes to download the video on your computer about 10 minutes to burn each one.

Song ideas;

In my daughter's eyes -Martina McBride

Isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder

You are so Beautiful- Joe Cocker

I hope you dance - Leanne Womack

Return to Pooh Corner- Kenny Loggins

You're in my Heart - Phil Collins ( Tarzan )

I'm a Believer - Smash Mouth ( Shrek )

Whole New World - ( Aladdin )

Or a mix of When you Wish Upon a Star ( Pinoccino ) A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes ( Both Cinderella )

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I ran out of room So This is Love (also from Cinderella) would be great with the last group of songs. You can download any of these above songs from Amazon for .99 each and they will burn onto a CD with out any problems. Whatever you decide to do, it would be cute to put them in a small colored paper bag with either her foot or hand print on each one. ( You can get them inexpensively at Michael's )
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:41 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I usually put Healthier snacks like juice boxes and indivdual bags of teddy grams or crackers. also, if the other kids are a little older stickers are always fun
    skylie

Answer by skylie at 7:48 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Michaels or A C Moore sells these molds for chocolates
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 12:46 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Sorry... OP... they sell the birthday cake molds you can make chocolate lollipops. They sell all different color chocolates. I made them for my daughter in pink & gave as part of my favors. I put them in baggies & tied them with pink ribbons. Write a personal note thanking each guest for attending your childs birthday. Sand bucket & shovel is also a great gift you might find @ perhaps the dollar store. Another fun thing might be certificates for a local ice cream parlor so that the parents might take child for ice cream. You might even get a discount depending how many guest you are giving them to. Good luck & have a wonderful birthday party!
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 12:59 AM on May. 15, 2009