Question for pro-choice people...

I'm not asking pro-life people, because I already know what your answer would be.

A swedish court just approved gender-based abortions - that is where a mother finds the gender of her child, and then has aborted because she doesn't want that gender (it's almost always if it's a girl). There are not other extenuating circumstances, they would be delighted to bring a baby into the world, so long as it's a boy.

China and India have a hugely disproportionate male population because of this practice (even though it's supposed to be illegal in India).

What are your thoughts? Is this a valid reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have two boys and desperatly want a girl, but I would NEVER consider aborting if our next one is male.
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 12:40 PM on May. 13, 2009

• now that is just wrong....
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:41 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think that is sad, because once they are able to know the sex the baby already has hands, a heart beat, the brain already started to form. Thats horrible, I'm pro-choice but I think it's only right to do abortion within the first 9 weeks (thats the pill form). How sad, that irks me the wrong way. Who cares how many boys or girls there are in the world, the US has 1% more females then males and you don't see us trying to stop people from having girls!! That is just wrong!!
    Anonymous

• Sick world!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I believe in abortions. but not just because you want a certain sex. I have 2 girls,,wanted at least one boy. I would have never aborted either of them just to get a boy.

Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Morally wrong
    Anonymous

• I am pro-choice, but not in the sense that it should be used as birth control or even something as sick as this. This is NOT ok.
    Anonymous

• OMG for the love of earth....who would do something like that. URgh
    Anonymous

• Being pro-choice shouldn't suggest that I wish for all women to get abortions. It's about the right to choose what happens to MY body.

Now, with that being said, I think it's sad that someone who originally WANTED a child would abort just because it's not the child they want. That same goes for special needs children.

I have 2 boys and I want a girl really bad. If I end up having another boy then that's what I will cherish.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• its wrong. but then im only okay w/ the first 7 week abortions (for other ppl).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:16 PM on May. 13, 2009