How Can I Help?

My son really wants to crawl but gets so frustrated and just gets mad then cries. Are there anyways I can help him to get the hang of it. He is 4 1/2 months which I know is young but if there is a way to help him i'd like to know.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:41 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the only thing you can do is keep putting him on all fours. and yes that is a little young. you just have to let him do it his way and at his own speed. he will learn just be patient. he doesn't know patience yet that is why he gets frustrated. he will learn...
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Let him get mad, he'll keep trying till he gets the hang of it, it may be anouther 2 months or it might be tomarrow.
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 12:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my son did the same thing and when he did that we would just watch him cause he would get madder if we tried to help he wanted to do it himself
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 12:46 PM on May. 13, 2009

• but if he really starts to scream i would pick him up and calm him down and eather try it agian later or agian tommorow
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 12:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think he's kind of young to crawl just yet. Try to show him what he can do like holding rattles/ looking at books with you and get his mind off the frustration. We have alittle saucer that babies can sit up in with toys around it that my son loves. He started crawling backwards first for 2 months, then frontwards. Play with his legs/ Let him kick the side of the pack and play or kick your hands- show him how to use those little legs- he will learn to crawl when it is time. My nephew is 8 months and doesnt crawl front yet he has been crawling backwards for 2 months now.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 12:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i agree with pamom she has the best suggestion
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 1:04 PM on May. 13, 2009