When did you start having a sleep schedule?

My daughter is 10 weeks and we have a good nighttime routine, she goes to bed and wakes up at the same time give or take an hour in the morning.
But I was wondering about day time, should I start putting her down for naps at the same time or is it too soon for that?

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 12:46 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it is too soon for that. I started my daughters sleep schedule at 4/5 months. she only took two naps a day. she woke up at 7 in the morning and she took a nap at 11 and another one at 4. she went to bed at 9. she did that until she was around 14 months. now she is 18 months and she naps from 1-3 and goes to bed at 9. and sleeps through the night. i also have both of my kids on eating schedules.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I do baby led napping during the day and it has been working great. You will get to the point where the schedule is pretty predictable whether it is the same time of day or not. My LO gets up and within 1 1/2 to 2 hours she needs a nap and sleeps for around 2 hours give or take 30 mins in each direction. And repeat. I stop our last nap at 7 or she won't go to bed at 8. I hope it all works out for you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my son his 4 1/2 months and he is sorta on a schedule during the day. He is on a good schedule for night though. Eats bout 10:30 then bath then bed by around 11pm. Day times vary cuz some days he is more tired than others. I just let him play til he gets a bit fussy and tired then put him down for his naps. I guess it just depends on how your baby is during the day time. If you can get her on a schedule for naps during the day might be helpful if you want to plan to do something during the daytime. But like I said my son's varies from day to day.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my 19 month old son is on a scedule but we are also haveing alittle trouble with him too we have him on 2 naps a day and he really only sleeps during the one at 4 and he goes to bed at 9 we cant let him sleep past 6 though and half the time he dont even sleep all night but his crys really perce my brain making me want to cry but sweety i think that once you can figure out the perfect sleep scedule i think you will have it made we already tried the one nap a day but he screams the intire time so all i have to say is good luck and i hope you think of something
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 12:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• cause then maybe you can solve alot of us moms problems with or kids slepp problems lol
    nikkicorbett

• my kids starting sleeping thought the night at 10-weeks. The day was when they woke up I would change their diapers and feed them and than they would go back to sleep. And than after lunch they would sleep too. (I have twins)
    A schedule is a must, it keeps us moms from going crazy.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:59 PM on May. 13, 2009

• We started at 5 months but I know people who have started earlier. At 5 months we started a bedtime routine but he would still take naps whenever. He went into day care at 7 months and then he started a nap routine and still had/has his bedtime routine.
    Anonymous

• well since birth hes been on a schedule. he was 5 weeks early, they would wake him up every 3 hrs to feed and change him and hes still on the same schedule 3 weeks later i just hope he goes longer between feedings pretty soon here lol
    Anonymous

• My son is 3 months old and is not on a daytime sleep shedule.... His feeding schedule is pretty much the same everyday though.... He goes to sleep around 9:00pm and sleeps to anywhere from 5:30-7:00am.... during the day I lay him down whenever he gets fussy.... but he only sleeps for about 30 minutes at a time during the day... whatever makes your baby happy works!! Good luck!
    roberts_mommy09

Answer by roberts_mommy09 at 2:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• my 3rd baby is now 3 wks. she's been on a schedule since about a week. she only wakes up about twice a night at around 3-3:30 and at 6-6:30 and then sleeps till about 10am and feeds again and then sleeps till about 2 in the afternoon. and then is up for a couple of hours and then goes back to sleep for a while and by around 10 i start getting her ready for bed again.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:59 PM on May. 13, 2009