Did anyone recieve a sorry mothers day gift this year

My husband bought me a card and said i am not his mother so thats all i recieved. my sister however always get the fancy treatment. breakfast in bed, lunch out an a gift. I have two sons with this man and two step children.

MelaMama111

Asked by MelaMama111 at 12:55 PM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• thank you for all of your answers, it always good to see more points of view then my own. I am not his mother, your right and he is right, However I mothered two children of his and step children of his. I clean, iron, mop, cook and shop. being a mom is more then gifts its about being appreciated and taking time out of one day of the week to do so. i live the rest of the year in devoting time for family, family functions, in-laws, birthdays and yes even fathers day is made special. It is always a nice day for flowers and no cooking and cards and even homemade gifts. If i come of whining so be it. I'm not trash i know what i do and i know when i do it and i know i should be appreciated at least once a year. To those who had a crappy mothers day. I want to whish you a belated mothers day and i hope we as women can be thanked by someone if not by our own family.
    MelaMama111

Answer by MelaMama111 at 2:11 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I did not even receive a card. However, I told my husband I just wanted to spend the day at home, no traveling, with my kids and my husband and that was all I wanted and needed. He did try to make me a cake...lol that went real well. let's just say I had a hell of a mess to clean up afterward. Mother's day isn't just about the gifts, it is about the thought and the love. Granted, Your husband never should have said you were not his mother and that is all you get that was really selfish of him. How does he want to be treated on fathers day. I agree with you. if you have children with him he should have catered to your every need. I am so sorry you had a bad mothers day.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• WTH...that was rude...My husband at least helps my kids get me something or make me something...This year my husband helped my daughter make me a vase of fake flowers that are pens...so if I need a pen all I have to do is pull on one of my flowers...What does your husband think, that the kids are going to go out and buy you something with no money or something....I can see if your kids are older and work and what not...but geez...I wouldnt be doing anything for him for fathers day...
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My daughter is only 16 months, and im pregnant with #2. Hubby bought me a diamond necklace. And helped my daughgter make me a gorgeous card :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• While kinda rude coming from your hubby, don't complain. He got you something. I'm a single mom and I get nothing for Mother's day ever.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 1:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My husband took our girls to get me a present but then the girls kept the gift for themselves. It was candy and stuffed animals and a card. But it was the thought that counts.
    2girlsmomutah

Answer by 2girlsmomutah at 1:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I got one crappy ass day from my kids, nothing from my hubby 'cause he's out of town working, and flowers from my parents. I'm waiting til he gets home to get my gifts...even though it's going to be me picking them out, it's the principal. That is pretty crummy that your husband didn't help your kids do something for you or go out of his way to do something nice for you (like cook dinner, make you breakfast, etc). I think I know what someone's husband is getting for Father's Day....lol
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• im a single mom, so i never got anything either..except for an awesome card from my daughter! ohh ad my mom bought be a rose bush.. :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Valentines' Day is for wives. Mother's Day is for someone's mother. You think receiving a card is a sorry gift? How about being a single mother home alone on Mother's Day with her grown kids not even calling or giving a gift. Talk to me about SORRY gifts after that happens to you. Until then you need to thank your husband for the card. At least he acknowledged your existence in life.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I got an "I'm sorry" and an "I will make it up to you this weekend." From my husband. We will see if he remembers. HOWEVER, 2 of my 7 children made me a card. My youngest b-son and my 9yr old just turned 10 b-son. The other children told me Happy Mother's Day. My sister-in-law gave me a pretty Gerbera plant for my garden and my aunt gave me a cute sleep shirt.
    Cinawina

Answer by Cinawina at 1:55 PM on May. 13, 2009