Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know if I want an answer of just advise please help.

I back in '07 I hurt my back at work. I have a leaking disc, two herniated disc, and a pinched nerve. I am getting workmans comp. to this day but I stuggle alot with them. They don't want to pay for my dr. visits, specialists, or tests I need to get done. I have gotten a lawyer since but we are still struggling. I got a disco graham done in december and since I have a cracked disc the dye went down my leg and now I am having leg problems. I am stuck in bed the majority of the day because I have a hard time walking and I can't sit for more than 20 minutes. The only salution they have is surgery but the problem with that is they won't pay. My dr. told my lawyer that if i don't get surgery soon I am going to end up paralysed. We were trying to use our insurance but they said the only way we can is if we close out the workmans comp. case. I am screwed up emotinally and scared what should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • if this back surgery is due to your injury then workers comp has to pay. contact your worker and explain what the doctor said. My mom has been fighting with workers comp since 1997. I know far too well what you are going through. My mom has had 3-4 surgeries. A fusion was one of them. that put her in bed to recover for 6 months. I am sorry you are in so much pain. but like i said, what ever problems occur due to the injury you had at work THEY HAVE TO PAY!!! DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS. if you file with your insurance and stop workers comps, then you will be screwed because your insurance company is likely to drop you after a while. LIGHT A MATCH AND STICK IT UP WORKERS COMP ASS!!

    Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

  • I work for Wal-Mart and they are very bad to their employees trust me I know. But we even went to the board and they won't approve of the surgery. They said we have to do a list of six things before they approve and we told them we had already done everything on the list and they said they still couldn't approve because we jumped the gun. GGGGRRRRRR. I don't get it. I need to get a fusion too and even though I am scared I would rather get that than be paralysed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

  • Workers comp is a bitch to work with. They will fight you, they will try not to pay, but they HAVE NO CHOICE. without the long details, what we had to do was find a doctor willing to work with worker comp, have the surgery that was needed and submit bill after bill after bill to them until they cleared it all up. It was nightmare. Get a better lawyer or start calling the WC office at least 3 times a week. This is the whole reason your employer pays a lot for help those that get hurt on the job..I am so sorry for you. I know what you are going through!

    Answer by missv66 at 2:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

  • I think my lawyer is doing good but the prob with that is that he is a friend of my cousins and the only lawyer that I can get because no lawyer here in Texas wants to take workers comp. anymore. Also, I can't call workers comp. because since I got a lawyer they won't let me. Thanks for your words.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on May. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.