single mom

IM a single mom with a 13teen year old son and there is no man in his life he has going to have quest about thing that i dont know the answer what shoud i do

irishlsumom226

Asked by irishlsumom226 at 1:03 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I was in your shoes before I got married and now because my husband is away at basic training and my sons dad is in the pokey. You do the best you can. Let him know that you are there for him. Talk to him about the dumb stuff he likes and stay involved in his life. If he likes sports sign him up to a youth league like the Y for baseball or what ever. Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I am a single mom to a 13 y/o with no man in his life...I just told him all I know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:22 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Do you have a brother, uncle, cousin or family friend who would be willing to hang out with him? What about a neighbor who only has daughters? Have you contacted Big Brothers?
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would call the big brothers/big sisters. They can match him up with a male mentor where they could talk and do things together.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 3:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a son that will be 13 in July and am a single mom, I was lucky enough to meet a man that stepped up and has been helping with my son even though we didn't work out. He takes my son every other weekend, does everything a dad should be doing. It is a great help to me with all the guy things my son is going through. Ask a male friend or relative to talk to your son. I try,but there are just things I have no idea about.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:23 PM on May. 13, 2009

• boy scouts are good for fatherless children
    Anonymous

• Books, there are a lot of really great books for boys and mom.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I was a single mom and had a son. He had no problems coming to me and asking whatever he wanted.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:38 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Does he have a grandpa or do you have a pastor or youth pastor? Those were all resources I used until I got remarried.
    rober

Answer by rober at 6:53 PM on May. 15, 2009

• My sons come to me with any questions they have. If I don't know, I find out and we discuss it. Another good thing to do is to get him a Big Brother. The organization is great, here is the link:

http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.diJKKYPLJvH/b.1539751/k.BDB6/Home.htm

igotudancing

Answer by igotudancing at 3:35 AM on May. 27, 2009