Im 27 weeks and iv dropped and im cramping but all im told is thats suppost to happen

im having contractions a few times a day and il get sudden pains in my stomach for no reason

mommylover1

Asked by mommylover1 at 1:13 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first? You may be experiencing round ligament pain and just assuming they are contractions.....right around where you are in your pregnancy the ligaments and muscles on the sides and front of your stomach are being stretched to their limits and you'll experience pains that almost feel similiar.....you can also be experiencing braxton hicks contractions, which are your bodies normal way of getting ready for the real thing. If it was serious and you were going into pre-mature labor they would be pretty regular and closer together, not a few random ones during the day!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:18 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm 27 weeks and have dropped as well. I am not experiencing any pains or contraction type things though. Maybe they are braxton hicks? I am learning about them in my childbirth class right now and they are very common. Nothing to be worried about unless they become regular or really really painful!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:48 PM on May. 13, 2009