What would you do if at the park...

a lady with a toddler were to ask you to keep your toddler away from hers because she, the mom had a cold?
Would you smile and take your toddler as told or
would you say it's ok I don't care if my toddler gets sick
Or Would you think that the mom is telling you that because she just want to left alone with her child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would tell her that if she doesnt want her kid playing with other kids leave the park and go home
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• with swine flu out there i would get away

Answer by admckenzie at 1:31 PM on May. 13, 2009

• i would repect her wishes and respect her for caring enough not to get my baby sick!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:34 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I've just got the feeling that the mom didn't want to "socialize" she was on the phone when my toddler approach her toddler. Looking at her I didn't like her much (first impressions) but my toddler was having fun and smiling with the other toddler that I thought that it would've been nice if the moms would have let them play together...she didn't look sick as she said. I don't understand if someone does not want to make friends why go to the park. just my thoughts! op
    Anonymous

• She wouldn't have had to tell me that. I would have seen she had a cold and got my kid and left that area anyways.

Answer by louise2 at 1:36 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well if she or her kid are sick they should have stayed home, it is a public park after all. But she could have been telling you just to be nice.

Anonymous

• and another think if she was sick and didn't want to make sick others, why go to the park? op
    Anonymous

• i think its nice if she was trying to take precautions..ut y bring ur child to a park with more kids?reading it i felt as if she just didnt want to be bothered.i never met any1 that doesnt mind going out in public sick yet wants every1 to stay away...
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:39 PM on May. 13, 2009

she didn't look sick. It bothered me that she used this excuse to get to be snobby. Why kids have to be sacrifice for stupid the parents stupid behavior? I needed to vent. OP
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure why she was at the park when she was sick with other little ones running around. But think it was very respectful that she spoke up and said she was sick.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:41 PM on May. 13, 2009