native american color wheel question

symbols vary by tribe, but I have a triple moon tattoo with yellow on top (north) orange on the left (west?) black on bottom (south) and yellow on right (east?) I always get east and west confused lol but anyone know what tribe uses these colors in that "order" I'm just curious. I did some research on what the colors and directions represented and thats how it turned out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The triple moon represents the three aspects of the goddess in the pagan/wiccan religion--maiden, mother, and crone. The colors are taken from the native American medicine wheel--a tool used for enlightenment and healing. Each direction also has an element and a totem animal attached to it. These two links will give you some info about the medicine wheel itself.

www.alltribes.com/Medicine-Wheels-c-339.html and http://biztechonline.com/turtleclan/native_american_medicine_wheel.html
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:37 PM on May. 14, 2009

• witchcraft
    Anonymous

• i'm not asking about the triple moon, i'm asking about the order of colors used!
    Anonymous

• I wish I could help, but I can't. not familiar with native american symbols. But I do know the triple moon and it is NOT witchcraft.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:49 PM on May. 13, 2009

• thank you VERY much witchqueen! blessed be =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:27 PM on May. 15, 2009