premature baby

i had my son at 35 weeks and he weighed 8lbs 11oz. he had to be on oxygen for about 12 hrs and have his respirations monitored for a few days other than that he was perfectly normal. do you think my dates were wrong? because i don't really think it would be possible to have an almost 9lb baby at 35 weeks. oh and i did not have GD i ate fairly healthy too. maybe i just grow em big?????? what do you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Any baby born before 37 weeks is considered premature.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• It is possible for babies to come out very large and still be early. My friend recently had a 36 week baby he was 9lbs 12 ozs. Good luck!
    mommyof3nluvnit

Answer by mommyof3nluvnit at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Well, they say your real due date could be off by as far as 2 weeks. That is a very large baby! I went full term and my daughter was only 6lbs 9oz and I ate super healthy. I think you just grow em BIG!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:28 PM on May. 13, 2009

• All I could say is wow! that's a big baby for 35 weeks, I had my youngest at 34 weeks and he weighed 5 pounds 5 oz but he was healthy just like yours only kept him in the hospital an additional day. Congrats!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:42 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I had a 4lbs 4oz 34-weeker who was perfectly normal except that he wouldn't pass his meconium. Your dates could be off or you could just grow big babies. I have a friend who had an 11lb baby who was a couple of weeks early.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 4:53 PM on May. 13, 2009