Has anyone gotten Pregnant after their Husband had a Vasectomy?

Okay so my Husband had a vasectomy a few months ago but hasn't went to the Dr to get the approval that everything went right. We continue to use condoms because I am scared it didn't work. I have heard of women getting pregnant by their Husband after he was fixed. So we had an uh oh lastnight, the condom broke and I went this am and get the morning after pill, Plan B($55.00 by the way...) just incase. He says I am over reacting. Should I worry?

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 1:37 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it never happended to me but i have and aunt that got prego with her 4th after her husband had it done. i think that the chances are really low so i wouldnt worry all that much.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 1:46 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would bet the chances are very very very slim. FWIW, my husband had his vasectomy in 2007 and he never went back for the re-check (dumb, I know), but I'm not pregnant =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:59 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My ex husband got a vasectomy in 2002, we stayed together another three years and I didn't have any more kids. With him, anyway. LOL
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would say yes you are over reacting since it has been so long. i would drive hubby to the place to get rechecked tomorrow though so you don't have to worry about this anymore. Don't rely on him to do it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• If the vasectomy worked correctly (likely it did), then after one month or 20 ejaculations, whichever comes first (ha ha), there should be no more live sperm. So I think you are safe, but it's always best to get checked.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:59 AM on May. 14, 2009

• Plus, if he wants to stop using condoms, I'd not tell him my answer about the one month / ejaculations, and make him go get checked!!
    jen1350

• My neighbors just got preggo with a vasectomy...but he didn't go back to get checked for his all clear..I know she has said the dr said is was a slim chance, but that is why they tell you to come back..now she will be having 3 kids in 3 years..
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 7:04 AM on May. 14, 2009

• my grandmother had 2 kids after my grandpa had 2 snippy snips. so it is possible, not likely but possible
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 7:59 AM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm a product of it but it's rare and he should go back to make sure. I don't think you overreacted, just being cautious since you two don't know for sure if he is cleared.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:07 AM on May. 14, 2009