My dog of 4 yrs

I hate to share that I'm thinking of getting rid of my dog :( She has learned to jump the back 6ft wooden fence that divides us from the neighbors. My son has to go get her at 10pm and my hubby and 2 am cuz she won't stop barking cuz she cat get over back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Can you chain heer up at night, or put her in a kennel outside and let her run free during the day? Hubby has working cow dogs , and i coudln't imagine bringing one of those suckers into the house at night. I wouldn't have a house at night so i am not even going to suggest that.. Some dogs are just not house dogs. And i am sure if you could have then you would have. The only other thing is maybe see if you can run a hot wire or one of those invisible fence things along the top so when she tries to jump it giver her a shock. That will probably stop her. And you can turn it down low just enough to let her feel the pop of it.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you bring her inside? I'm sure your neighbor really enjoys listening to her barking at all hours of the night.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2009

• ya, why can't you bring her in the house? that's a stupid reason to get rid of your dog. you already have a simple solution, bring her in.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:24 PM on May. 13, 2009

• they have these matts that shock you when you step on them. i would run them along the back fence where it would have to step tp get to the fence. as for the barking get the bark collar or bark collar spray.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:23 PM on May. 13, 2009

• there are things you can buy at places like petsmart. it's for nonsence barking, it's not a collar so it's not 'cruel'. you turn it on and put it in the yard. it looks like a bird house and it has a microphone thing built onto it. when your dog barks, it makes an annoying sound that only the dog can hear. it may take a week or so to really start working, but my dog stopped barking after 5 minutes. and my moms dog stopped immediately. you could get an invisible fence too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yeah I dont understand why the dog cant sleep in the house either.maybe in a small room like the laundry room, or the basement. or do as my girlfriend does buy the dog a cage big enough for it and put the dog in there for the night. other wise I dont know what to tell you. good luck...
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:21 PM on May. 14, 2009