Do certain smells make you think of the past ?

When I smell cover girl make up it makes me think of my grandma or palmolive dish soap lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sunscreen, playdoh, and crayons make me think of being a child. Pipe tobacco and antique stores smell like my grandparent's house. Vegetable beef soup, tacos, and the Beautiful perfume all make me think of my other grandparent's house. Candles that have just been put out make me think of going to church when I was little. Aspen cologne reminds me of my SO, it is a smell I feel like I could just eat, it is so delicious. Dove soap and Lubriderm lotion make me think of my mom.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 6:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• when I smell ex's cologne I think of them instantly lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:43 PM on May. 13, 2009

• YES! cooked onions remind me of my german oma!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:46 PM on May. 13, 2009

• When I pass an old guy wearing Brut aftershave I think of my dad getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. Turkey legs make me think of walking in the house right after church. It was our traditional Sunday lunch unless we went out to eat, which wasn't very often.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• All the time. My husband and I used to take the kids to the beach every year and now the smell of sunscreen makes me think of the beach.

Also when I smell Old Spice I remember my father who has passed, he was a wonderful man who loved stinky Old Spice.

violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 1:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Aqua Net hairspray takes me right back to seventh grade....I caught a wiff of it somewhere and It took me back to the mornings before school as I teased my hair and poofed it out about 4 inches off my head!
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:55 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Spearmint gum makes me think of being in labor with my oldest daughter. My best friend was chewing it the whole time. Old Spice makes me thing of my dad when he would put on his "stink-um". (He was silly) He passed away in 2005 & ever time I smell it now I feel like it's just a reminder that he's watching over me.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 2:02 PM on May. 13, 2009

• old spice reminds me of my dad too. sweet pea from bath & body works makes me think of seventh grade and my first boyfriend. he bought it for me and i loved it just because he did lol.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My husband and I started dating back in high school (1995-96) and he used to wear this cologne called Aspen and I would love it! So now everytime I smell it I remember us back in the day!
    Anonymous

• I remember the same sweet pea smell! I wore it while I was preggo with dd. (6 years ago) I have a random fling's cologne like, permanently etched on my brain cells. (I occasionally smell it in crowds, and it makes me nuts)
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 2:27 PM on May. 13, 2009