Seriously now.....come on....

PLEASE PLEASE explain to me why this question: "Are you ever afraid you're wrong that God doesn't exist?" is a legit question and this question: "Are you afraid you're wrong that Zues and Thor doesn't exist?" is not and shouldn't be taken seriously??? Seriously, I want to know your reasoning!

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 1:49 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oooo I have mead. Now where are the cookies
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:35 PM on May. 13, 2009

• How about "are you sure that fairies don't occasionally fly out of my butt?"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• As I said, motivation. You ask, simply to be "cute" (your'e not),and to give you and your buddies a good laugh at our expense. A Christian asking is out of genuine love and concern for a non-believer's soul. Sorry your'e so blind you can't see that, but that's the truth.
    Anonymous

• Wow! haha.. I believe in God and I am a Christian, therefore, I don't believe in other God's or mythical creatures such as this.. Believing in what you believe in is fine. Don't push it off on people who disagree with your beliefs.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I asked a question about why asking atheists why they don't believe in God is okay, but asking Christians why they don't believe in faeries isn't okay. Good to know that I'm not the only one that sees injustice :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• WAY TO GO anons! Both are great answers!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Answered at 1:50 PM on May. 13, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Anonymous
    As I said, motivation. You ask, simply to be "cute" (your'e not),and to give you and your buddies a good laugh at our expense. A Christian asking is out of genuine love and concern for a non-believer's soul. Sorry your'e so blind you can't see that, but that's the truth.

Great answer!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• There are people out there that do believe in these gods though. And since many chrisitians seem to think we should believe just in case it is not a question to laugh at but one to make you think. If I should believe in your god just in case than why should we not be believing in all gods just in case?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:52 PM on May. 13, 2009

• So then, if someone, out of the blue, asked the second question.....would you answer honestly???

The second question is proving a point....and the people bashing it are also proving a point to us. Figure it out.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Yeah right, a Christian can "push it off" on people who disagree but a non Christian should respect others beliefs, did your God teach you those double standards?
    Anonymous