potty training a very stubborn girl

My daughter has been physically ready to be potty trained for 6 months but wont respond to the traditional steps of potty training she screams when I mention potty even if I let it go for a month. Doesnt care about rewards. She will wear panties and not soil them for up to 8 hours but cries if she has to go that she wants a diaper. If someone could give me some tips I would really appreciate it.

nrsjme

Asked by nrsjme at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daugher was the same...my son (who is still training) is the same. I learned to just be patient. When they are ready they will do it. I know that sounds lame and prob tired of hearing it but it is true. My daughter just one day...literally in one day....changed her mind and just started going. My son right now is FINALLY after 8 months not wetting as much. Nothing I tried worked with them they just did it on their own. I have to keep telling myself that it WILL happen...they won't be 18 years old and in pull ups after all lol
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 2:01 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Have you asked her? Maybe she's hates the little potty. Maybe she's afraid of the big potty. Maybe the step stool wobbled under her feet once. Maybe the seat pinched her or slipped a little when she sat down.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:03 PM on May. 13, 2009

• pick a road.. either set down limits and stick to your guns (use the potty or pee yourself because the diapers are gone...) or put her back in diapers and wait for her to self train...
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 5:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Have you tried going with no undies for a while?
    squish

Answer by squish at 6:58 PM on May. 13, 2009