Anyone have ovarian cysts?

Doctor's office just called to say my ultra sound was normal and there was nothing wrong, but they did find a few cysts. They say isn't a problem, but was a bit of a shock to hear. Anyone else have them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Health

• I had one once but it was found after it ruptured, very painful. Feel lucky they were found. They are pretty common, I think.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 2:09 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Lots of women do. I do/did. It happens. It is because an egg that was supposed to be released from a follicle didn't release. It stayed there and began to form a cyst which is a bubble. Once it bursts it might be painful (cramping) or you might not feel it. Sometimes taking birth control pills help get rid of them.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:10 PM on May. 13, 2009

• wow, I was just typing something similar to lilbit022009..yeah I have had them come and go. Nothing major to worry about. If you are pregnant the doctor should just keep and eye on them. Sometimes pregnancy makes them more active, but I have never had any problems with them other than painful ruptures.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 2:14 PM on May. 13, 2009