What was your experience at a feeding clinic if your child needed one?

My son is on a feeding tube and am looking for a good feeding program in the DC, VA, or MD area. We had a bad experience in Richmond and are looking else where currently using early intervention to help. Any experiences would be greatly helpful,looking into the Kenedy Krieger Institue in Baltimore.

eliza78

Asked by eliza78 at 2:06 PM on May. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My OT gave me the name of the Kenedy Kreiger Institute bc they have a satellite program near our area. She had a patient here that took his daughter there, to the one in Baltimore. I think it really helped but it was tough from what I heard. She said the dad taped it and has not shown it to a lot of people. They pretty much force food and textures on the child until they accept it. He stopped one of the sessions and the doctor came in and told him if he stopped it again, he was out of there. It's tough from what I hear but it can help if you don't mind the pressure. I think the child has done pretty well and does accept a lot more textures/foods.
    LWashington126

Answer by LWashington126 at 8:53 PM on May. 17, 2009